You must do the following before operating your device to avoid potential damage.
- Unscrew the cap and remove the contents from inside the device.
- Remove the protective plastic seal from covering the membrane at the base of the unit as indicted on the silver sticker. If applicable
- If you have purchased a sleeve this is a good time to apply the Hydrolux silicon sleeve around the glass container to protect you and/or the glass in case of accidental damage or breakage.
- In the case of first time usage or if the device has not been used in a long time or producing large bubbles verses micro bubbles add very warm (approximately 70°F) water to the device to allow the membrane to soak for 4 hours. You may have to cycle the unit more that 5 times to fully break in the membrane. Hydrogen concentration levels will increase the more you use your device.
- After 4 hours remove the water and rinse the unit. Do not add soaps or detergents directly to the device with the base attached that contains the membrane, this may damage the membrane with chemicals. Separate the glass from the device by unscrewing it from the base if you wish to clean it with soap and water.
- When the device has completed a hydrolization session which is 15 minutes be sure to press the release valve on the top of the cap to release the hydrogen from compression. Failure to do this may make it difficult to remove the cap since it will be under pressure.
Failure to follow these instructions may result in damage to your unit or degradation to its life span.
- Do not submerge the entire unit, especially the base, in water.
- Do not fill the unit completely with water, leave a 1.5 cm space from the top to avoid over pressurization.
- Avoid exposing the membrane to direct sunlight for prolonged periods.
- Avoid freezing the device, do not place the device in extremely cold temperatures .
Instructions for hydrogen water preparation.
- Fill the unit with Distilled, Spring, Purified, or RO water. For best results avoid using tap water which contains chlorine. Mineral water will work however excess minerals will cause build up of more sediment on the membrane over time.
- Secure the cap completely, avoid over-tightening.
- Plug in the device. You can operate the Hydrolux while the device is plugged in and charging. We recommend leaving the device plugged in as often as possible. This helps to maintain a long battery life.
- Press the power button on the front of the device. This will begin the hydrolization process. Each preparation cycle lasts 15 minutes.
- The unit will beep when the session is done. Unplug the unit and press the release valve to release the hydrogen pressure.
- While you can drink directly from the unit we recommend using a separate cup or hydrogen bag to avoid contaminating the unit.
- Pour hydrogen water (slowly) from the device to your cup to avoid unnecessary hydrogen loss.
Instructions for hydrogen inhalation. (Optional Cannula Attachment Needed)
- Fill the unit with Distilled, Spring, Purified, or RO water. For best results avoid using tap water which contains chlorine.
- Secure the inhalation cap completely, avoid over-tightening.
- Plug the cannula’s hose into the top of the cap and fit the opposite end into your nose.
- Plug in the device. You can operate the Hydrolux while the device is plugged in and charging. We recommend leaving the device unplugged when fully charged and not in use. This helps to maintain a long battery life.
- Press the power button on the front of the device. This will begin the hydrolization process. Inhale and exhale the hydrogen that will pass through the hose. Each preparation cycle lasts 15 minutes.
- The unit will beep when the session is done.
Pointers on keeping your Hydrolux in optimal condition.
- Your Hydrolux may accumulate internal moisture from time to time. Unscrew the moisture release valve at the bottom of the unit and empty the water contents.
- If there is a noticeable reduction in hydrogen bubbles over time or hydrogen concentration amounts are low when tested this is an indicator that it is time to clean your unit.
- Use powdered citric acid to remove scale buildup from the electrolysis plate inside of the membrane by putting 5 grams of citric acid in a unite half filled with warm, not boiling, water. Allow to site for 1-2 hours. Shake vigorously and then pour out the citric acid water. Rinse and clean the unit.
- Do not pour boiling water into the cup or membrane.
- Do not clean the base or membrane with volatile solvents.
- Do not allow the unit to sit for prolonged periods (3+ Months) without charging the battery.
Repair and replacement.
- Hydrolux is backed by a 6 month limited warranty against malfunction. Any accidental or intentional damage to the device by the user will void this warranty. In such case the purchaser will be responsible for repair fees.
- Warranty services should be done by an authorized Hydrolux repair facility. If your device is malfunctioning please contact support.
Frequency Asked Questions
It takes 15 minutes, when this time expires the device will beep when ready.
Approximately 3-4 sessions before recharging is needed.
Yes, however there is a limit around 3700 PPB that the device will reach. It is extremely difficult to concentrate hydrogen above these amounts.
You can still drink the hydrogen water however it will have a lower hydrogen concentration.
Yes this water is fine however it will contain a lower hydrogen concentration.
Visit our health and support documentation for at the following link.